D.i.y Friendship pencils


Friends rule & so do threaded bracelets. I use to rock em all the time, but they were so restricting. If I had to dress up I'd have to take them with me. So I figured adding some colorful embroidery thread would give me that summery feel with out that bracelet tan. Not only that but how sweet would these be to gift? An alternative to giving out those time consuming bracelets. 

Supplies

#1. Set of pencils
#2. Craft thread / embroidery
#3. Scissors 
#4. 10 minutes of your time



Step one: Choose 3 or four colors 

pictures to animation

Step two: Create a loop and slide onto the pencil. Next with the thread attached to the rest of the bunch, create the same loop and pull up to tighten (loop it under and back through the opening). Repeat until desired length.


Step three: Grab your next color of choice and begin of with the same starter knot. Then follow step twos loop sequence creating 5 knots.


Step four: Cut off the string from your first thread, and second (orange and magenta). Continue loop knotting with your second thread (magenta) until both cut strings are covered. Do steps 3-4 for each color of thread you add.


Step five: When ending your friendship pencil make a tight knot as close to the pencil as possible. Then create another one to secure it. Cut the thread & done!



Mix up your colors the more the better! Now you can have summer camp in your hands!
Also you could slide your design down and use it a finger grip! However I like it better as a topper.


Cheers!
 Instagram // RSS



17 Comments

  1. I think these would be such a cute gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! I should make these for my little sister. xx. McKenna Lou

    www.lynnandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute and such an adorable idea!!! I used to love making friendship bracelets but never was smart enough to put a clasp on the end so they would only last 2-3 days. This is really cute alternative! =)

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow nice one! I'm working on it to decorate some sticks we use in Bollywood dance. I'll show you de result.


    http://borondyspurpleplante.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these!!! what a great idea, these would be really fun to give as valentines, especially for school age kids!
    very cool:)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute and creative!

    raspberry-notes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I adore the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. just found your blog today. love love love these pencils. what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww! Such a cute idea. I may just have to recreate these soon! xo
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea almost as much as I love your fantastic friendship font :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Right? I'm in love with that font. So fun! & It's name is "hey cutie". They knew what they were doing when designing it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. o0o0 Let me know how it goes healther! I wanna hear all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa I don't think I would have ever thought of adding a clasp as a kid. Friendship bracelets would probably be indestructible with those, even for kids. Anyways thanks chloe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute idea! Add personality to the pencils :)
    Anh
    http://www.feminine23.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. aww such a cute DIY! just found out your blog but I'm definitely keeping an eye on it ;)

    Drawing Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute!
    I am sharing it on my blog tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. As one might expect the natural growth as well as fundamental issues to become friends as well as real bond makers in terms of making the great relationship. In that case above mentioned ideas and the course of actions are so much relevant as well as beneficial to every human being along with to make it perfect this is very much prominent. The essay service review also given.It does not seem unreasonable to suggest that every idea are the best ever to do it in well manner and make it in precise along with productive nature of friendships. Thanks for sharing the great materials to make the options fruitful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Back to Top
Pin It button on image hover